Monday, November 30, 2009

Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original and Blush


(L to R: Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original and Blush)
Also available in Tropical, Bohemian, + coloured dry Shampoos for dark hair
Price: $8.99 CDN (Exclusively at Zellers, Sally's selected Pharmaplus & PharmaSave for Canada)

These products were bought with my own cash and I am not sponsored to review this product.


Why?: The reason why I bought this was because my hair was drying out -- I figured, the less washes, the less dryness -- however, after quitting BCPs, there was a testosterone surge (stupid hormonal imbalances) that made my hair greasy as hell! Batiste was the cheapest way for me to get rid of it!

The original is lemony citrusy scented while Blush is more floral. I love both! I also smelled tropical and it was ALSO di-vine! haha

Pros:
- Great smell!
- It does take away the oilies! Gives limp, greasy hair VOLUME (A++ in my books)
- Relatively cheap. Bottle goes a loooong way!
- Works as well as baby powder, but smells better and easier to work with as the mist is finer.

Cons:
- for the two particular ones I tried out, they're harder to work with on darker hair unless you spend a lot of time massaging it in (it sprays on whitish -- but this is only if you're really OCD). However, Batiste did release one for dark hair only, which is only currently available in the UK.
- Works just as well a baby powder; for those on a budget, they might just opt for the powder.
- hard to find -_-

Repurchase? HELLS YEA!

4 comments:

mandy said...

Thank you for the review! I was debating on whether or not to get this for my oily hair. Would this work if I only sprayed it to my bangs? Or would it be harder to work with?

Anonymous said...

I tried baby powder...but I can't stand the smell! This looks like a much better choice. Thanks for the review!

charlene-ann said...

i really love this...i found mine at zellers...i wish they sold it at walmart

the teacher said...

ooOo ive been wanting to try these!! But youre right, theyre hard to find >< I opted for the Oscar one at Sephora instead... the smell makes me gag XP
And congrats on the A+ girl!! woo!! and hey, and A+s and A+, 4th year or not ;)
xoxo

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com