Monday, January 19, 2009

REVIEW: Facial Treatments


Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Clay Mask -- Avocado and Oatmeal
150mL - Walmart -- $3.29 CDN

What it promises: Made with natural ingredients. This rich clay mask, with added oatmeal and vitamin E, draws out excess oils and dirt, purging clogged pores, leaving your skin clean and soft.

Pros:
- Price
- Scent. Yumm-o!
- Very firming ... you can feel it!

Con:
- Can be a tad drying if used too often.

My verdict:
Overall: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Repurchase: Hell to the mothereffin ya!

After using this mask for the past three weeks, my skin has been SUPER smooth. My face feels firm when i'm using it, and oh man, does it smell yummy! It also delivers its promise of unclogged pores and deep cleaning, because I haven't seen a blackhead on my face. Yay!


St Ives Exfoliating Apricot Scrub (All Skin types)
150 mL -- Walmart -- $3.49
It's claim to fame: Gently removes full, dead skin cells it instantly reveal smooth, visibly healthy looking skin!

Pros:
- yummy smell!
- not too scratchy.
- to me, delivers what it claims -- healthy looking skin, smooth as a baby's ass.
- price! Compared to my usual Décleor Scrub which is half the size and $48 .

Cons:
- claims to be oil free, yet still makes my face somewhat oily. Okay for dry skin like me, but for oily skin users, please get the Combo/Oily skin formula.

My Verdict:

Overall: 4.5/5
Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Repurchase: Sure :)

5 comments:

charlene-ann said...

i absolutely LOVE the freeman facial treatment! =) NICE TO KNOW im not the only one using it lol =D

Makeup Mama said...

thanks for the great reviews...need to try that freeman one! and thanks for following.

btw, love your vids!

itsCherz said...

I use the St.Ives one... except sadden that they no longer have the older version for "normal to dry"

shexilicious said...

Yea, I was looking for the normal/dry formula :(

THE DORK said...

hey maria!
Thanks for following! As for us having the same name, I think that's so cool because growing up I thought I was the only one in the world who has that name..haha.. then I went to high school! haha..tons of girls with that name...and they were all filipino! Thanks for following! After your freeman review I totally went to Walmart and got it! Love it! I can't wait till your next review!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com