Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update on skin condition

So I went to the derm. He couldn't do a biopsy right then and there, because he just had surgery and couldn't get up. I have good news and bad news (well, somewhat).

Good News: He says it's benign. It's called steatocystoma multiplex, and it is basically small white/yellow/flesh coloured nodules (cysts) that basically just appear under your arms, your arms and your chest. It's quite uncommon, and begins at puberty. It has links to heredity, however no one in my family suffers from it.

Bad News: there is NO easy cure. The only thing dermatologists know is that it could be removed surgically, however, you risj major scarring that looks worse than the bumps itself. Btw, if you do google the condition, the stuff that shows up on google images is not like mine. Mine is far more smaller ( *knocks on wood* ). You can only vaguely see the ones under my arms.

I'm already in a depressed mood because I am planning to stop my birth control (Yasmin) which contains a diuretic -- that means if I stop, I will gain massive amounts of weight. Not only that, it will make me break out and there is a possibility of losing hair. I asked this before and no one answered. What happened when YOU stopped your BCP?

Girls, help me! Pray that these mini cysts don't spread/get any bigger. I hope we have a definite answer when I get the biopsy on August 11th.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

thank God its nothing serious!! Just hang in there. I gain weight again and have breakouts on my back ugh when i stop on my bcp. its not cool!

charlene-ann said...

awww love, hope things get better...<3

Curvy Petite said...

I pray that it won't spread. Stay strong.

~Mel said...

i was on it for about 6 months and stopped. true it helps your skin complexion but it also makes you gain weight. at least for me, it does. i found when i was off that it was so much easier to lose the unnecessary weight i've gain since on it.. plus being on the pill is raelly not bad for your body in general imo. i hope your problem goes away soon!

mayaari said...

hope things get better for you - I actually just stopped taking Yasmin about a month ago (after 4 years of it) and my weight's already fluctuating, but it seriously turned me into a moody freak - it's a good thing you're going to stop taking it...are you going to try and switch to something else? It's only been a month, but I definitely don't feel as sad as I used to...not too sure about losing hair because I already shed a lot as it is.

Lisa Fashionista said...

I was taking BC for like 6-7 years. I stopped taking it about 4 months ago.
So far I've been wayyyyy less emotional. I haven't had any hair loss. And I've hardly had any break outs. Plus I've actually lost weight. :) so far so good. I won't take BCP again.

So far the only negative side effect is much more painful menstrual cramps. :(

I will be praying for ya!

Unknown said...

ive gained the weight a month after i stopped taking bcp. i just ate like crazy and could not control my appetite :/

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com