Sunday, February 15, 2009

Review: Aquafina Advanced Hydration Rx Facial Spray

Promise (taken from the packaging): Our hydrating, cooling facial spray delivers instant relief on a hot day, or a light and beneficial moisture mist whenever you choose. Enriched with aloe, jojoba as well as Vitamins A and C, our unique formulation delivers a gentle mist, ideal for hydrating the face or any part of your body.

Price: $3.79 CDN dollars (found at Wal-Mart)

*Please note that this is what I use to dupe Fix+ by MAC. Fix+ however, has different ingredients and therefore, Aquafina cannot be an EXACT replica. With that being said, MAC Fix+ may have a different effect from what Aquafina delivers. This review was made solely to compare these products, and not to replace one for the other.


What I use this for:
Having had been a previous owner of MAC's Fix+, I use this as a facial spray to cool down during the summer, as well as a mineral make up fixer. I also use this to wet my brushes to foil eyeshadows.

Overall: 4.875/5
Price: 5/5
Scent: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Packaging: 4.5/5

Pros:
- basically can be used for the same purposes as MAC's fix+
- ingredients are moisturizing and good for your skin: jojoba, aloe (for relief) and vitamins A and C
- Price is unquestionably awesome! MAC's Fix+ is $20, Aquafina a mere $3.
-Size. Fix + is 3.4 fl. oz, while Aquafina is 6.0 fl.oz
- Mildly scented. reminds me of faint baby powder smell.
- Sensitive skin friendly. I had no breakouts!

Cons:
- Aerosol can. Not travel friendly.


**tip for CDN readers: This is currently on clearance at all Walmart Superstores for $2. This better not mean they're being discontinued, because this is the second time this week an HG product has been discontinued on me >=/

5 comments:

Nikita2471 said...

Walmart has stopped carrying the Aquafina skincare line at their stores here in the US so I'm not surprised that they are clearing them out of the canadian Walmarts.

I spoke to an Aquafina skincare customer service rep yesterday on the phone because I was having a problem with one of my cans and he told me that by the beginning of April, the spray/entire skincare line will only be available through their website.

My advice: go back and buy up every can of the facial spray you can get your hands on! While it will still be $4/can, you gotta pay for shipping. I've already hoarded 8 cans I got for US$2 each at Big Lots.

itsCherz said...

I never understood what this was used for til now. I would always see this at Pharma Plus before.. now I don't know =o\

Can I find this at a reg. Walmart if so what aisle???

helen said...

cherz, the walmart i go to i saw it on the bottom shelf under clean& clear, neutrogena etc cleansers and stuff.. same area as the cosmetics but it depends on which walmart. i actually totally missed it the first time since it was on the bottom shelf lol

Fashionista said...

THANKS FOR THE INFO...I LOVE ANYTHING FOR THE SKIN TO HYDRATE IT..CHEKC OUT MY BLOG...THANKS...XOX

Anonymous said...

I went to my Big Lots the other day and there were BINS AND BINS of this spray for only...$2!!! What a steal! So if you can't find this, go to your nearest Big Lots and I'm sure you can find it there next to the haircare products.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com