Sunday, February 22, 2009

Review: Amuse Palette + Never will be seen again photo!


Amuse Pearl Eyeshadow Palettes in 01 and 02 - $3.99 ea.

Overall Quality: 3/5
texture: 3.5/5
Odor: 0/5
Colour Payoff: 4/5
Packaging: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5

Pros:
- Colour payoff for most shadows are quite good!
- Texture is smooth (for some... bad ones will be mentioned in cons section)... very finely milled, however, is a tad powdery
- not chalky. at all!
- Price ranges from $2.99-$3.99
- all pearl finished, no mattes! (con for me, pro for some)

Cons:
- IT SMELLS LIKE GRANDMA. If you are turned off by weird scents, then stay AWAY from any Amuse palettes... gah!!
- Packaging is flimsy. 3 pans have fallen out due to bad gluing, and palette is too bulky to take around.
- The amount of shipping for something so small! ** Canadians pay a fixed shipping price at cherryculture.com and one palette shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to ship.
- all too pearly for my liking.
- texture for white shadow in palette 02 is chunky.

Recommendations?
If you are scent sensitive, you're better off with Coastal Scents' 88 Shimmer Palette.
I would recommend this to people who don't mind the smell, however, because of its colour payoff. It is very pigmented. I still use it, but I plug my nose...




AND... Just for kicks...
A lot of you have asked why I draw on my brows...
It's because it runs in my family that we have very sparse hairs.
Allow me to demonstrate:
please excuse the just woken up hair/skin/ eww!

There you have it. Believe me!! I would not dare overpluck/shave them off.
There are pros and cons to this condition. Another con is that my eyelashes are UBER short.
Pros? No need to shave. I don't grow arm/leg/underarm hair. TAKE THAT

4 comments:

itsCherz said...

the curse of the Asian short lashes.

I'm totally jealous of your no-shave!!! My mom is a noshaver too... why couldn't I have inherited that from her ARGH lol


ps. did you get my msg about the Revlon foundation[s] swap?

itsCherz said...

I've sent you an email about the samples @ sh....s[@]g..com

helen said...

i have the same problems with my brows D= hate that i have to fill it in every morning :(

AskMeWhats said...

oh no! i understand about the lashes! that's my biggest problem that I dont' want to even think about anymore!

Sorry about the Amuse palette, thanks for your honest review though, I wouldn't want grandma smell! :D

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com