Sunday, February 8, 2009

Super Duper DRY and wind chapped skin :(

Toronto has been very weird with the temps lately..
Just a couple of weeks ago, we were in an extreme cold weather alert, with windchills reaching -30C (-22F). Then, this weekend, it was a warm 7C (44.6F).

Obviously, my skin has taken quite a beating.
When my skin becomes super dry from the weather, it peels and gets so dry its itchy.

Tell me, ladies, what are your quick dry skin fixes?
I'm desperate !!

5 comments:

Fashionista said...

HEY GREAT BLOG.. I USE A HEAVY DUTY MOISTERIZER..VERY COOL..PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG...ITS ALL ABOUT THE PROBLEMS OF BEING A FASHIONISTA

itsCherz said...

For me... Vaseline Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline's Problem Skin Therapy (the creme version), which is usually sold in a tube or medium sized tub.

I have super dry skin even in the summer (I get it from my pa lol)

I find this works best. I put a little the most "dry" areas (ie. nose & cheeks) and it works :)

helen said...

olay classic moisturizing creme all the way =D it's kinda thick but it works!

Jen said...

hope in a jar for dry, sensitive skin! you don't need much, a little goes a long way!

i also use clinique moisture surge has a mask. you can lay it on a little thicker, and your skin just absorbs it! the good thing is that it doesn't clog your pores too! so your skin can still breathe..

after i went snowboarding in 20 degrees, i used the moisture surge as a mask and my face felt soooo much better!

hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

this might seem like a weird idea but my skin reacts great to this method. usually i have coconut (or any scent) body butter. i know you can get some at bath and body works. its not as watery as lotion. its much thicker than a cream as well. and it is difficult to spread around but thats why it works so well.

hope this helped!

xoxo

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com