So i was reading my local news and fell upon this article regarding cosmetics being bad for you because of the chemical contents:
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_32603.aspx
which led me to this website:
http://cosmeticdatabase.org/special/whatnottobuy/index.php?nothanks=1
Honestly, some of the things they listed were not even highly hazardous so I'm not sure if this is backed up by science, or if it's another one of those daily news spiels that tell me something I use everyday can kill me. In the past week it has been food, and now it's cosmetics.
Bloggeristas, do you think people are too paranoid these days? Or do you think that we should be paranoid? Tell me what you think!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Buyer Beware -- Do you buy this info?
Posted by shexilicious at 1:03 PM
Labels: chemicals in cosmetics, random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I don't think we should worry about it too much. As far as I'm concerned, everything these days has chemicals in it. It's always in the news... this and that is bad for you. If you try to avoid all that stuff... life will be no fun. It's like plastic water bottles. We all know chemicals probably leach into the water we eventually drink, but people still use. As for cosmetics, I don't think people are going to stop using it regardless of what is in the news.
I totally read these stuffs to, just to be aware but not totally paranoid about it. I try to take note o stuffs that I react too and try to steer away from products that have similar ingredients :)
It's good to be cautious I think. I just briefly browsed through that page and most of the brands I've never even heard of but I did see Almay and Revlon products...
But until our body finally reacts to these chemicals, we probably arent gonna care =(
p.s I was at Rexall today and saw Annabelle's new Tokyo line and the 2 blushes are soooooo pretty D= a little bit too shimmery for my taste BUT I still want it because it's like... 5 blushes in one since every petal is a different hue and tone! ah i'm going insaneeee
Thank you for following my blog! :)
I definitely need to look into the chemicals because I really don't know what I'm using... hehe~ :X
Post a Comment